Content marketing vs. Copy writing
The comparison between content marketing and copy writing is very simple if we look through a traditional standpoint. But when we look at the modern view you need both side by side as an attraction and a substance.
We can define content marketing in different ways but It is more focused on one or more content marketing goals. In content marketing, the goal is to build consumer trust, raise domain power, and construct a positive brand organization. Blogs, email autoresponders, and podcasts are some examples of content marketing. The construction of shareable content that is used to enhance brand awareness, create audience trust, create a center of attraction for new customers, raise leads, so results boost sales by brands is content marketing. The content should be useful and entertaining for the customers and does not look like an open advertisement.
Any writing done for the marketing purpose is copywriting. So, The goal of copywriting is product or brand advertising, drive sales, and promotes a direct response. Ads, direct mails, and sales pages are some of the examples of copywriting. Copywriting is direct marketing. Content must be short, funny, appealing, and encourage customers to take action, to “quantities are limited so buy now” or “talk to our specialist today”. Some of the copywriting types are SEO (search engine optimization) and calls to action so SEO copywriting helps appear your content in search results.
Copywriting is the written word of selling. Identify the reader’s needs, fear, hopes, motivations, and dreams and dealing with their doubts without increasing them unnecessarily. You need to give examples that how their lives can be better with their buying. The highest-paid copywriters are former salespersons or people skilled with direct response copywriting in this world that is not a coincidence.
You need to master the psychological techniques as a copywriter if you need to get to the upper level of your profession. Copywriters are not just writers, they are more than that. The popular companies are aware of the best web practices, marketing techniques, and standards of SEO in the industry. They know how to attract the audience with the help of blogs and websites. Copywriting is not just sales but it is associated with sales advertisements. Copywriters are highly flexible professionals who can be adjusted with any company.
Services of copywriting can be jumped from one product to another and from one company to another without any error. They can write quickly according to the requirements and adapt fast to new content and attract loyal customers for the company. They understand their audience that what they like and love to write for them. This profession is very interesting as it can take different projects and hold a different audience and can introduce different products and services you never heard of. Everyone needs them; most companies are popular because of their hired copywriters. Many things are the same yet different; copywriting and content marketing are those in the marketing world.
Copywriters can be hired for a multitude of projects, including:
- Writing blogs for your website
- Fresh content for a website
- Creating email newsletters
- email marketing campaigns
- SEO articles
- sales advertisements or landing pages creation
- eBooks writing
Content marketing and copywriting are may be different but cannot be kept apart. Just like drum and guitar, both instruments have a different purpose but you cannot rock and roll without both.
How is copy writing used in content marketing?
You have written an expert piece of content, that content will help in positioning your company as a thought leader and generates new clients but if they read your content but,
That’s a big if.
You can use paid media tactics to encourage your content but strong copywriting skills can catch the attention of readers on social media and in the results of search engines. Some tactics of good copywriting and how it can help in getting your content noticed are as follows:
- Strong headlines. Attractive headlines capture the attention of readers and help them to understand the content and encourage them t click.
- Research keywords. Based on the competitive analysis you need to research extensively the keywords for your topic and knowing how to integrate them is the basics to confirm that your content will appear in search results.
- Search engine optimization. More than keywords are involved in SEO copywriting. Content is detailed and readable, it creates skills, includes quality links are some of the main factors.
- Call to action. Clear statements are included that force the reader to learn more or visit it again and again. This is a big step to switch those readers into payable customers.
Importance of copy writing:
We all know that we have been victimized by a smart copywriter’s plotting somehow and believe that we are going to be amazed after clicking on this link. Clickbait is the plague of the internet and you should not be used this cunningly way to attract people to your site because people will leave the page immediately with hatred if you have nothing to cover that clever headline. It’s called bounce back when a visitor without taking any action on the site eave the page. The higher the bounce back rates, the lower the chance of your page to appear in search results. If you don’t have good content you cannot retain your customer and it will be a hard time. Your audience can be disappointed with your brand and it will be tough for you to get a higher rank in search engine results.
Importance of content marketing:
Content marketing produces much effective great content. The attractive headlines and intimidating terms are confusing everyone. You need quality writing as much as you need an effective copywriting and SEO strategy. It’s easy to understand, it gives answers to readers, its trustworthy, it’s helpful, it cites authentic sources.
For example, you see a billboard on a country drive that is copywriting but you must have something when you arrive there that is content. When you run a business you need both sides by side an attraction and a substance.
The quality of the content is the main question to ask that boost copywriting. Quality content should have:
- Valuable offer, free content with paid content so that readers explore your website and choose to stay.
- The advertisement should not be included in content that gave the impression that it is written only to sell.
- Content should be written for readers not only for search engines
- All the Content should be understandable and delivers a message to the reader.
Content without copy writing is just a wastage:
Many blogs have very good content but not many readers. If you are writing articles with very good content but you are not getting readers for that then the problem is in copywriting.
- It can be because of not attractive headlines.
- It can happen because your headlines are not that clever.
- Your content is not benefiting the readers.
- The content is not understandable.
- You need to be tricky to make your readers feel that your blog is a cool place to hang out.
- You don’t have a clear call to action.
Copywriting will help your readers to take a specific action. Attractive copywriting techniques will get the readers to subscribe to your blog and share it with other readers and hence you build loyal customers.
Copy writing without content is a just a wastage:
The question is that copywriting is everything and the world’s most popular blogs are ranking higher just because of their copywriting skills?
Smart marketers always keep Principles of best content marketing in mind:
- Content should be enjoyable. If it looked like an ad it will be thrown away, make it worth watching.
- You need to attract the right people. Always write your content for people first then for any search engine so that you can attract new readers as well.
- Be generous. Give access to valuable free content to attract maximum readers.
Sharp copywriters use “Content net” approach nowadays. As they use a strategic copywriting technique with good content to attract maximum audience